Monday, October 29, 2012

An Introduction


My name is Mike.  My wife Katie and I got married in June of 2000 when I was 21 years old.




Katie and I dated for about 3 years before we got married.  Early on in our relationship we talked about how bad we wanted to be parents.  We talked about how we would parent and asked each other what we would do in different situations.  So needless to say, we started to try and have kids soon after we were married.  It wasn't as easy as we had thought.  We suffered through a miscarriage, infertility, and a failed infant adoption.  It sucked and we started to wonder what Gods plan for our life was.

In December of 2005 Katie and I traveled to Liberia and brought hom our three children.  Christian who was 6 1/2 years old, Blessing who was 3 1/2 years old, and Victoria who was 1 1/2 years old.  We went from no kids to three overnight.  Then a year later Katie got pregnant and in September 2007 she gave birth to Evangeline.

We both admit that being parents wasn't as easy as we had thought.  Even though we had so many conversations about how we would parent, it just wasn't that easy.  But we LOVED it.  We loved our lives and all of the adventures that we got to go on.

In June of 2012 it all changed.  Christian at 13 years old drowned in Lake Michigan.  Our lives and family have forever changed.  It is the most devastating thing that I have ever been through.

So this is my blog, who knows how much I will write.  It just feels like maybe it can be therapeutic for me.  We will see.

1 comment:

  1. I will pray that God will continue to help you through. 2 Cor 1:3-5 and 2 Cor 12:9

    ReplyDelete